The T Level in Education and Childcare is a new technical qualification
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in early years education, childcare or assisting teaching. Students can progress into roles such as; nursery worker, special educational needs teaching assistant, teaching assistant, learning mentor.
During the two year course, students will learn the core knowledge and skills that underpin many jobs in early years education, childcare and teaching. A substantial industry placement with a range of childcare employers will give you a wide understanding across the age ranges.
The T Level in Education and Childcare will include:
- Overview of childcare and education 0 – 19
- Child Development
- Supporting Education
- Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Wellbeing
- Observation and Assessment
- Equality and Diversity
- Special Educational Needs and Disability
- English as an Additional Language
- Parents, Families and Carers
- Working with Others
- Reflective Practice
The core content is assessed through an exam and a practical employer-set project. In addition to this, you will have the option to study one of the following specialisms:
- Early years education and childcare
- Assisting teaching
- Supporting and mentoring students in further and higher education (from September 2021).